Design Principles - Exercise 2

 

Design Principles - Exercise 2


28/03/2022 - 1/06/2022 (Week 1 -Week4)

Feng weijie | 0349058

Design Principles | B' in Creative Media



Repetition  

- Make the design work look lively.
- Create rhythms and patterns in your compositions.
-Variety is essential to stay excited and active, avoid monotony.
- Patterns add visual stimulation by enriching surface interest.
-Variety is a subtle variation of composition involving different elements and objects. It includes varying angles, exposure, composition, and more.
- Common in arts and crafts such as traditional clothing, beaded shawls, batik, sandals, etc., which are related to the rich patterns of traditional Malaysian designs as well as different cultures such as indigenous designs.
 
Figure 1.0 A neatly arranged balcony



Movement

Motion is the motion of the image that guides the eye along the path. Movement comes from shapes, forms, lines and curves. An example is our common optical illusions such as those created by fashion, famous artworks such as Starry Night, or psycho-optical illusions in which images are hidden.

Figure 1.1 Flowing Lines

Dr. Kimchi went on to explain the two side elements of the design. First, hierarchy, is used as an arrangement of content in a work to convey information and convey meaning. It is used to guide the viewer to focus on the most important information first and then navigate you to the secondary content. Size plays an important role in identifying hierarchies, as larger images/text are likely to be more visually appealing than smaller ones. The same goes for vibrant/popular colors, not dull ones.



Instructions 


EXERCISE 2


PROCESS OF " movement "


During class, Mr. Jinchi showed me other people's ideas and ideas. A bunch of ducks walk, a good example of movement. 


Figure 1.3 The moving duck

I was inspired by this to paint a flock of sheep.The material image I found on pinterest - the flock. I really can't sigh, the material on this website is really complete


Figure 1.4 The moving flock


In order to make the visual impact better, I chose the angle of diving to describe it.
Drawing tools: ipad software-procreate

I first drew a sketch of the relationship between light and shade, and asked my friends if the plan was feasible. I started to refine the sketch
 
Figure 1.4 Initial sketch on ipad

On this basis, I began to describe the grassland and clouds in detail.
Figure 1.5 Details of the characterization on the iPad

After completing the above, I added the protagonist of this work, the flock

Figure 1.6 The final work of the flock



Final work - “ flock 

 
Figure 1.7 The final work of the flock. pdf



PROCESS OF " Repetition "

In the third week of the debrief I made a false "repeated" design. I had to create a cartoon image myself, because the last work was about sheep. So this "repetition" is the main character of the work, I want to choose sheep to paint.

Drawing tools: ipad software-procreate
The role of design - baa baa


Figure 1.8 Cartoon lamb - baa baa


After designing this character, I found it to be very much like a doll. This reminds me - doll machine

Most doll machines are the same doll.I went to the Internet to find some doll machine materials and used this as inspiration.


Figure 1.9 Online doll machine photos

I keep talking about basic characters to copy and paste. let the characters pile up



Figure 2.0 Final work - "Sheep Baa Baa Doll Machine"

Final work - "Sheep Baa Baa Doll Machine"


Figure 2.1 Final work - "Sheep Baa Baa Doll Machine" .Pdf

Comments