Design Principles - Exercise 3

 

Design Principles - Exercise 3


28/03/2022 - 1/06/2022 (Week 4 -Week5)

Feng weijie | 0349058

Design Principles | B' in Creative Media





speech

Notes on all 4 topics covered

We were instructed to watch the pre-recorded lectures on Lecture 4 (Harmony and Unity) and Lecture 5 (Symbols, Text, and Images) posted in Microsoft Teams, which I would cover as I continued with Exercise 4. Now, I will concentrate on the in-depth study of harmony and unity.

In short, harmony is the selection of elements in a composition with common characteristics . It can be presented by using similar shapes (repetitions), similar colors, strategic layouts, similar compositions, all of which will contribute to aesthetic appeal and harmony. Harmonious design gives the feeling that all elements of a design are combined with the same theme, aesthetic, style, or mood. However, it should be used appropriately, as it can become monotonous without change.

Next, Unity is associated with Harmony, which involves repeating specific elements, colors, shapes, styles, pulling the appearance together. In addition, its "tightness" plays a role in forming a whole unit, as it is grouped in a cohesive way that allows our gaze to easily read/see and discern what it is. In addition, the structure and organization of the composition is quite important because it is used to systematically direct people's attention. Through unity, the elements are grouped together in a balanced way, giving a sense of unity and creating a theme.

Lecture 5 consists of symbols, text, and images that are also available in Microsoft Teams. It begins with a brief explanation of what a symbol is and how it exists. Symbols have been common since the beginning of civilization, hence why ancient manuscripts containing tablets can be found in historical museums, in which symbols tell the story of what happened at that time


I
nstructions 




EXERCISE 3


PROCESS OF " unity "


Reference to the original picture of the flower

Figure 1.0 Original image of a flower

Figure 1.1 Original image of a flower


Uniformity refers to repeating specific elements throughout the design, so I chose flowers. to pull the appearance together. Unity arises when these elements come together, in a way that combines and gives a sense of unity, creating a theme.

Figure 1.2 Initial sketch

Figure 1.3 Details of the characterization

Figure 1.4 Coloring


The final work- flower

Figure 1.6 The final work of the flower

Teacher Jinchi suggested that I change it to color. Since this is a drawing on paper, it is not easy to change the color, so I did a second creation on the ipad to digitize it
Initial sketch

Coloring

Figure 1. 7 The final work of the flower



 PROCESS OF " Symbol "

A symbol is a symbol, shape, or object that represents something else. The type of symbol I chose was an image, and the reference character was my cat.

Every time it made a mistake, I would teach him a lesson. He would look at me with his pitiful expression and make me can't bear to blame it.

So every time at this time I think about what its little head melon is thinking. Use this as inspiration to design my symbols





Figure 1.8 My Cat - Cookie


I use segmentation, irregularity to break down its expressions.

I feel good about myself, and I designed 4 pictures in order to enrich the picture

Because I have a hard-of-choice card, Mr. Jinchi minds that I choose the first one in the upper left corner.


Figure 1.9 Part of Symbol Design - Cats

Final work - “ Cats 


Figure 2.0 Final work - "Cats"

After Ms. Jinchi's feedback I chose the first row 2 more in line with the theme





Figure 2.1 Final work - "Cats" pdf

Comments