Design Principles - Exercise 4

 

Design Principles - Exercise 4


28/03/2022 - 1/06/2022 (Week 5 -Week7)

Feng weijie | 0349058

Design Principles | B' in Creative Media




Lecture

The lecture video begins with the question, "Who am I?" ”。 We are social beings who communicate through socializing, singing, talking, reading, and so on. Sometimes what we intend to convey is understood as it is, but sometimes our message may be misinterpreted as having another meaning. Our image of others may differ from our perception of ourselves. Parents see us differently than friends think of us. Just because we might show the other side of us based on the people around us.


We see ourselves differently and may define ourselves by what we have, how a person's personality and style is inspired by what we see, and so on.

Instructions 

Speaking of self-portraits, this is my favorite assignment of all my assignments.

When I got to this topic, I thought about what could represent myself, and it was also a true portrayal of me. The figure of a dragon suddenly appeared in my mind. There are 12 zodiac signs in China, and I think the most representative of me should be my zodiac dragon, so I applied him to my self-portrait. I always felt that it was always with me.

I've been reading a lot of material lately, dragons and maidens, dragon keeping everyday, and these are all sources of inspiration that interest me


Figure 1.0 Dragon raising daily life


Figure 1.1 Dragon and Maiden

I drew a sketch on my iPad, which I think is pretty good, and simply shows what I think I have in mind

Figure 1.2 Sketch 1

But Ms. Jinchi gave me feedback that my dragon was not vivid enough, so I thought about drawing a new sketch.

To make my dragon more vivid, I remembered that one of my favorite illustrations was Katsuya Terada. One thing to say is that his characters come alive, and the dragon he paints is the most beautiful. So I decided to borrow his drawing method to shape my own dragon




Fig. 1.3 Katsuya Terada's - Dragon.

So I started my second creation.


Figure 1.4 Sketch the second attempt



Figure 1.5 Final result



                                                Figure 1.5 Final result pdf

Comments

Popular Posts