Illustration and Visual Narrative- Task 2

 Illustration and Visual Narrative- Task 2

28/03/2022 - 1/06/2022 (Week 4 -Week8)

Feng weijie | 349058

Illustration and Visual Narrative | B' in Creative Media





Instruction





Backstory and relevance to sketch/draft


-Learning color basics

This is the coloring line provided by the teacher










It's a fun exercise I love



Task 2 - Decisive Moment 

Movie Poster Ideas
First I made a shortlist of movies that I like and are well-known.

  • White Chicks
  • Bad genius
  • Titanic
  • Monster inc
  • IT
I've decided to go for Monster inc for my minimalist poster.
For the next step, I gathered some references for my poster.


.     


  
Figure 1: References

I had a few ideas for my decisive moment. 
I was most impressed when they were able to come in and out of the room at will with a universal door



Figure 1.1: Sketch 1




Figure 1. 2: Sketch 2


After sketching the ideas, I realized that the first poster doesn't really indicate the decisive moment for this movie. I chose Sketch 2 as my poster 



last work





reflection

Item 2:

In this project, making simple animations is really fun. In addition to that, I know how to use Adobe After Effects. Learning how to use this software really takes time and patience to explore. Apart from that, in this project, I learned a lot of things like layering, applying effects, animating characters, and more. The process of learning animation was fun, but I felt like my designs could be better and the animations could be smoother. I have to study it more and improve my skills. Overall, making GIF posters is a lot of fun and fun.

Comments