INFORMATION DESIGN |project 1: Instructive Poster

Feng weijie | 0349058

Information Design | B' in Creative Media

20.01.2023 -03.02.2023 (Week 3-Week 5)






LECTURES

Week 3

To do:

Watch the YouTube videos on "Pasta Grannies" youtube and choose a granny's recipe to work on.


INSTRUCTIONS






PROJECT 1: INSTRUCTABLE INFOGRAPHIC POSTER

Study one video, break down, and chunk the preparation and cooking process into an instructable poster. Try to capture each Grandma’s personality and unique dish identity in your sign as part of the narrative structure

#1 THE TASK

"A picture is worth a thousand words" infographics present complex information quickly and clearly, with symbols charts, and diagrams. With an information graphic, computer scientists, mathematicians, and statisticians develop and communicate concepts using a single symbol to process information. Our task is to transmit a set of instructions and at the same time educate the audience.

#2 INFORMATION BREAKDOWN

We first Identify our favorite video from Pasta Grannies' YouTube channel.

Figure 1.0 comes from YouTube


So, I started watching some videos on the channel. In the end, I chose the title "How to make a classic tiramisù dessert from Treviso! |." Pasta Grannies". Mara shares her "tiramisù d" recipe in this video. 

I chose this video because I love dessert and especially the mellow texture of tiramisu. In addition to this, I was attracted to the cute personality of Grandma Mara, a kind old lady. When she shares her recipes, using humorous words to make the whole production process seem not boring, she seems friendly and excited.


Figure 1.1 Pasta Grannies YouTube video


After watching the video, it made me want to try to make a tiramisu myself. Then I continued my research and broke down the information and process into 3 main steps and made a simple sketch.

Figure 1.2 Mara tiramisu making process

VISUAL REACH 

The effect I want is the process of how each layer of tiramisu is formed, and I also draw the materials and utensils needed for each design one by one and divide the layers



That said, I'm not very happy with one of my results, and I feel like the picture is empty. Mr.HAFIZ gave me good feedback, so I will correct it further


I changed the font and added some decorations to make the picture a little fuller


Final Submission

------------------------------------------------------------------
Animated guide poster 

And we have to make a dynamic diagram in 1 minute. Before continuing, I made a short animation to make sure the process was correct and contained all the necessary information. Referring to the infographic I designed, my idea is to simplify the information to minimal text and recognizable icons. This will ensure that users can quickly understand the recipe and may attract more attention to viewing the recipe in an interesting way

After that, I import all the AI files into Adobe After Effects


Process 








Final Submission



----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reflection

The core part of the infographic is the key content that must be presented, and it is also the information that users need to obtain first. In a good infographic, what must be seen should clearly convey the main idea, so that the user can understand the main idea and gist of the required message at a glance.

In addition to what must be seen, there is also what should be seen and what can be seen. What should be seen is also very important in the infographic, which can help users better understand and grasp some details or secondary information, as well as provide more comprehensive information support. What can be seen is optional, it can be some additional information or more detailed details, providing users with more reference and understanding.

To sum up, a good infographic must be able to convey the central idea and contain at least three aspects, namely "must see", "should see", and "can see". In this way, the best user experience and information delivery can be achieved.



Comments