INFORMATION DESIGN |Exercises

Feng weijie | 0349058

Information Design  | B' in Creative Media

09.1.2022- 27.1.2022 (Week 1- Week 3)





INSTRUCTIONS




EXERCISE 1 - QUANTIFY& VISUALISE DATA

For the first exercise, we are assigned to quantify the items we have, categorizing them into layouts or diagrams. "Keep it simple, because aesthetics are key, but so is messaging!" Digging up items in our homes and quantifying them is a fun experience.


There are quite a few buttons at home, and I asked my mother to take pictures of me. For aesthetic reasons, I choose a few buttons to turn into PNG. Put on the jammed paper I took pictures of.

Submission
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXERCISE 2 - LATCH

For this exercise, we were required to organize a group of information into a visual poster that combined and utilizes the LATCH principles (Location / Alphabet / Time / Category / Hierarchy)

Size resolution: 1240 × 1750 pixels

Visual research

When I was confused and decided on the art style, I began to look for materials on the Internet, and this Pokéball contained a picture of the world that attracted me, and I was going to use this as a reference


 I started collecting material about the web. I browsed the information and comics about "Pokémon" on the Internet. I want to get as much information about Pokémon as possible and use it in my projects.

Go online and download the material



My computer often crashes when using AI for this task, which makes me very uncomfortable

According to the attributes of Pokémon elves, I divided them into 5 categories and selected several representative elves. Each of them is represented by different colors for their elements


  

To make the poster better, I added some clouds and stars to the background



Final Submission



----------------------------------------------------------------------
reflection

This exercise helped us gain insight into the various elements of information design posters, including how to quantify and visualize data and apply it to poster design. Through this exercise, we have mastered the core principles and techniques of information design, including how to choose the right colors, fonts, and typography, and how to use graphics and symbols to convey information. We also learned how to create an emotional atmosphere and eye-catching highlights of the poster to provide an intuitive, easy-to-understand visual experience for the audience. In the process of completing this exercise, we not only enhanced our understanding of information design but also improved our own design level, laying a solid foundation for future work and study.





Comments

Popular Posts